Lake District Challenges
Lake District Challenges provide our clients with a range of team building and charity fundraising events based in the beautiful surroundings of the Lake District National Park.
We offer a comprehensive planning service for private and corporate groups producing customized events in accordance with the specific requirements of our customers.
In contrast to the National Three Peaks Challenge which involves a 10/14 hours split for road transport/walking over a 24 hour period; our Lake District events provide a serious alternative where you can have a break away in the Lakes and still do your challenge.
Our Lake District Challenges offer an environmentally sensible option for those groups who have either done the National 3 Peaks Challenge or who are sensitive to the environmental impact on local communities and the adverse media coverage of this increasingly popular event and resultant high volume of traffic on these mountains. We believe that the best way to tackle the environmental issue is by adopting a small group policy and limiting group size on all of our mountain challenge events.
We are geared towards the smaller to intermediate group size and our average group is typically around 8-24 participants. However, we can also accommodate larger numbers with split teams and alternative routing solutions to avoid the environmental issues. The Lake District is easily accessible and is especially suited to groups who are randomly distributed as well as single location groups with excellent rail links to both Oxenholme and Penrith which is only 25 minutes drive from our base in Keswick in the Northern Lakes. We offer our customers a highly personal service and a high success rate providing quality all-inclusive packages for all of our team building and charity fundraising events.
Challenge - options
- Lake District 3000 Footers: 1 day / 16 hrs: Difficult
- Lake District 3000 Footers: 1 day / 24 hrs: Demanding / strenuous
- Lake District 3000 Footers: 2 days / Hard
- Lake District 6 Peaks: 1 day / Hard
- Lake District 10 Peaks: 1 day / Difficult
- Lake District 24 Peaks: 2 days / Strenuous
- Summer and winter events
- Group size - 8 to 80 in 8 man teams
What we include
- Link transport by minibus throughout all of our events
- Qualified and experienced Mountaineering Instructors - 1:10 staff/client ratio
- Use of our technical outdoor equipment - head toches and trekking poles
- Discount clothing & equipment voucher for Cotswold Outdoor and/or Montane
- Accommodation: bed and breakfast as specified
- High energy food and drinks throughout the event
- Photographic highlights of your event on CD.
NEW LAKE DISTRICT CHALLENGES FOR 2017...!!
We have designed some exciting challenge events which we are now offering in 2016:-
- The Lakeland Triathlon - a tough 12 hour event biking, walking and canoe rafts
- The Lakes and Mountain Challenge - 16 hours over 2 days walking and canoeing
- The Race the Sun Challenge - 12 hours biking, walking and canoeing
- The Hadrian's C2C - a tough 24 hour event covering 100 miles on bike and by foot
- The Wasdale Challenge - a tough 15 hour event around the Wasdale Fells
- Lakeland 8 - 5 peaks and 3 passes on foot + bike
- Classic Summits and Cycling Challenge
Although the National 3 Peaks Challenge is increasingly popular; unfortunately, the Lake District does not derive any tangible financial benefit from this event. There is also an increasing body of opinion that the 3 Peaks has a detrimental effect in Wasdale Valley especially during the peak summer months.
So why not come to the Lake District National Park and enjoy a great weekend - at the same time putting something back into the local community - guest houses, pubs, restaurants and food suppliers all benefit and your business is most welcome...!
For information call 017687 - 75337 or 07796 - 263309